Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
Parents’ Evenings are held twice a year in October and March.
We see these as opportunities to share information with you about how your child is/children are progressing in school & what they need to do in order to improve. You will have the chance to review your child's work - this may be in the form of exercise books, project folders, classroom displays, photos and whole class work samples. In addition, you can expect to receive the following information:
• A reminder of the National Curriculum target level which your child is expected to attain at the end of the school year in Reading, Writing & Maths (for Year 6 this will also include Science);
• An outline of the progress your child has already made this year;
• A copy and explanation of your child’s next steps;
• An outline of the books your child should be encouraged to read at home, arrangements for borrowing books, use of reading diaries & parent reading sessions;
• Details of any general issues which may have been noted by you or the teacher.
Towards the end of the summer term a progress report is issued to all parents/carers. There are also occasional meetings for specific year groups in relation to such areas as SATs.
If you have any concerns about your child's progress beyond these arrangements, please make an appointment to see the class teacher.