with Designated Special Provision for Deaf Children
Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
Hello and a warm welcome to our website which gives you a flavour of life at Meridian. It is designed to provide you with the latest news and updates and you can access it anytime, anywhere! It's also a fantastic way to celebrate our achievements and show people all the great things we do at our school.
Nestled between Greenwich Park and the River Thames, Meridian is uniquely placed to make learning exciting, fun and relevant. The Meridian Line runs through the very centre of our school and from our new rooftop Arts studio children and staff have the privilege of teaching and learning in view of Greenwich’s World Heritage site.
We offer a creative and inclusive environment which values individuality and celebrates differences. Our children come from richly diverse backgrounds with over 20 languages spoken and our intake is complemented by a designated special provision for deaf children. We have high aspirations for each and every child and believe positive relationships and a caring ethos are the basis for great learning. We seek to nurture a real sense of community in our one-form-entry school and get to know our children well.
Enjoy looking around our site and finding out more about us.
Best wishes, Jo Graham, Headteacher
Nurture Aspiration Inclusion
Where in the world are we?
Friday 12th September 2014
Next week's "Meet the Teacher" Open Evenings for parents/carers in Y1-6 are as follows:
This will be an opportunity for you to meet staff and find out about expectations, routines and ways you can help at home.
Details about Autumn Term clubs were also sent home today - please sign up for clubs by Monday 15th September. See the latest newsletter for Jo's Princess Melisande mathematical challenge! More maths challenges can be found here.
Greenwich, of course! We like to get out and about at Meridian and make the most of all the fantastic learning opportunities on our doorstep! Y6 ventured to the river to admire the Tall Ships which took up their moorings from 4th -9th September. Junior classes also got a chance to bid them farewell as they sailed down the Thames.
• all children are unique and special;
• we make a difference to children’s lives;
• children have one chance at a Primary School education;
• children cannot learn unless they are happy, safe and secure;
• everyone is important to the success of the team.
At Meridian we aim for all our children ...
• to be happy, safe and secure;
• to enjoy school and enjoy learning;
• including those who are deaf, dyslexic or have other learning differences, to become successful, independent learners;
• to be the best they can be, whoever they are and whatever their starting points or circumstances.
We greatly value the arts and sports and it is our ambition that every child should leave our school with a skill or talent they can enjoy and succeed in and which will be the foundation for sustained self-esteem as they grow older.
At Meridian we are committed to...
• the aims and values of our school and to demonstrating these values in our everyday practice;
• a child-centred approach;
• high expectations for all children and staff;
• identifying and overcoming barriers to learning; • making every lesson count;
• knowing all our children and families and working in partnership with them and the local community;
• collaborative working and learning.