Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
Hello and a warm welcome to our website which aims to give you a flavour of our successful one form entry school. Meridian is a creative and inclusive learning community which values individuality and celebrates differences. Nestled between Greenwich Park and the River Thames, we are uniquely placed to make learning exciting, fun and relevant. The Meridian Line runs through the very centre of our school and from our rooftop Arts studio children and staff have the privilege of teaching and learning in view of Greenwich’s World Heritage site.
Our children, from Nursery to Year 6, come from richly diverse backgrounds with over 30 languages spoken and our intake is complemented by a designated special provision for up to 18 deaf children. We have high aspirations for each and every child and our children make excellent progress during their time with us. Indeed achievement at all key stages is consistently above national.
We believe positive relationships and a caring ethos are the basis for great learning. There is a real sense of community in our school and we value our partnerships with parents/carers and a range of arts and educational settings within Greenwich and beyond.
Enjoy looking around our site and finding out more about us.
Best wishes, Jo Graham, Headteacher
• all children are unique and special; • we make a difference to children’s lives;
• children have one chance at a primary school education;
• children cannot learn unless they are happy, safe and secure;
• everyone is important to the success of the team.
• to be happy, safe and secure;
• to enjoy school and enjoy learning;
• including those who are deaf, dyslexic or have other learning differences, to become resilient, independent lifelong learners;
• to be the best they can be, whoever they are and whatever their starting points or circumstances.
• the aims and values of our school and to demonstrating these values in our everyday practice;
• a child-centred approach;
• high expectations of all children and staff;
• identifying and overcoming barriers to learning;
• making every lesson count;
• knowing all our children and families and working in partnership with them and the local community.
Nurture Aspiration Inclusion
The last day of Spring Term 2 is Wednesday 31st March.
The holidays run from Thursday, 1st April to Friday 16th April inclusive.
Summer Term 1 starts on Monday 19th April.
We hope everyone enjoys the break and we look forward to seeing you all on Monday 19th April.
8th March 2021
We are now open to all children.