with Designated Special Provision for Deaf Children
Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
Hello and a warm welcome to our website which gives you a flavour of life at Meridian. It is designed to provide you with the latest news and updates and you can access it anytime, anywhere! It's also a fantastic way to celebrate our achievements and show people all the great things we do at our school.
Nestled between Greenwich Park and the River Thames, Meridian is uniquely placed to make learning exciting, fun and relevant. The Meridian Line runs through the very centre of our school and from our rooftop Arts studio children and staff have the privilege of teaching and learning in view of Greenwich’s World Heritage site.
We offer a creative and inclusive environment which values individuality and celebrates differences. Our children come from richly diverse backgrounds with over 20 languages spoken and our intake is complemented by a designated special provision for deaf children. We have high aspirations for each and every child and believe positive relationships and a caring ethos are the basis for great learning. We seek to nurture a real sense of community in our one-form-entry school and get to know our children well.
Enjoy looking around our site and finding out more about us.
Best wishes, Jo Graham, Headteacher
Nurture Aspiration Inclusion
The new ball court is here
Friday 21st October
Y3 gave Autumn Term 1 a rowsing send off this morning with their fantastic action-packed performance poetry, drama and a song all about Prime Meridian.
Thank you for your continued support during our busy first term of the 2016-17 school year! We hope everyone enjoys the half term break—whatever you are doing have fun and take care.
See you all on Monday, 31st October for an action packed Autumn Term 2!
Children have been enjoying the refurbished ball court. A big thank you to FROMS, the children and the wider school community for their hard work and fundraising efforts over the last year. It's great to see ideas turn into reality.
More pics of the creation of the new look ball court and children at play can be found here
• the aims and values of our school and to demonstrating these values in our everyday practice;
• a child-centred approach;
• high expectations for all children and staff; • identifying and overcoming barriers to learning;
• making every lesson count;
• knowing all our children and families and working in partnership with them and the local community;
• collaborative working and learning.
At Meridian we aim for all our children ...
• to be happy, safe and secure;
• to enjoy school and enjoy learning;
• including those who are deaf, dyslexic or have other learning differences, to become successful, independent learners;
• to be the best they can be, whoever they are and whatever their starting points or circumstances.
We greatly value the arts and sports and it is our ambition that every child should leave our school with a skill or talent they can enjoy and succeed in and which will be the foundation for sustained self-esteem as they grow older.
At Meridian we recognise that ...
• all children are unique and special;
• we make a difference to children’s lives;
• children have one chance at a Primary School education;
• children cannot learn unless they are happy, safe and secure;
• everyone is important to the success of the team.