Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
Hello and a warm welcome to our website which aims to give you a flavour of our successful one form entry school. Meridian is a creative and inclusive learning community which values individuality and celebrates differences. Nestled between Greenwich Park and the River Thames, we are uniquely placed to make learning exciting, fun and relevant. The Meridian Line runs through the very centre of our school and from our rooftop Arts studio children and staff have the privilege of teaching and learning in view of Greenwich’s World Heritage site.
Our children, from Nursery to Year 6, come from richly diverse backgrounds with over 30 languages spoken and our intake is complemented by a designated special provision for up to 18 deaf children. We have high aspirations for each and every child and our children make excellent progress during their time with us. Indeed achievement at all key stages is consistently above national.
We believe positive relationships and a caring ethos are the basis for great learning. There is a real sense of community in our school and we value our partnerships with parents/carers and a range of arts and educational settings within Greenwich and beyond.
Enjoy looking around our site and finding out more about us.
Best wishes, Jo Graham, Headteacher
• all children are unique and special; • we make a difference to children’s lives;
• children have one chance at a primary school education;
• children cannot learn unless they are happy, safe and secure;
• everyone is important to the success of the team.
• to be happy, safe and secure;
• to enjoy school and enjoy learning;
• including those who are deaf, dyslexic or have other learning differences, to become resilient, independent lifelong learners;
• to be the best they can be, whoever they are and whatever their starting points or circumstances.
• the aims and values of our school and to demonstrating these values in our everyday practice;
• a child-centred approach;
• high expectations of all children and staff;
• identifying and overcoming barriers to learning;
• making every lesson count;
• knowing all our children and families and working in partnership with them and the local community.
Nurture Aspiration Inclusion
Meridian Open Mornings for prospective parents/carers
Whilst we cannot welcome any parents into our school building right now, we will be running virtual open events later this term and will post the details of these on our school website as soon as possible.
Meridian is now open to all children.
In line with Government guidance, anyone with the following symptoms should stay at home and arrange for a Covid-19 test:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Please use the NHS website for advice about symptoms and call NHS 111 if your symptoms worsen.
Please see the link below for parent information provided by the government in relation to schools and Covid-19.
Best wishes, Jo
Jo Graham - Headteacher