From September 2022, start and finish times have been reviewed and simplified. This also ensures our school day is in line with the government’s ambition for all Y1-Y6 children to have a 6½ hour school day. We will keep these arrangements under review
Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6
● The school day starts at 8.50am and finishes at 3.20pm.
● The school gate opens at 8.45am each morning.
● Year 1 and Year 2 children should line up with their teachers on the playground.
● Year 3 children should line up with their teachers in the ball court.
● Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 children should walk straight into the school building and go up the stairs to their classrooms independently. Staff will be on hand in the top hall to support children in where to go and what to do.
● All children will be dismissed from the playground by their teachers at 3.20pm.
● If you wish your KS2 (Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6) child to walk home alone, please confirm this in writing by emailing the school office at email@example.com.
Nursery and Reception
● The school day starts at 9am and finishes at 3.15pm.
● Nursery and Reception parents/carers should take their child into their classroom and are invited to stay until 9.30am to read with them and help to settle them in. We will keep this arrangement under review.
● Pick-up for full-time Nursery children and all Reception children from Monday 19th September will be at 3.15pm from the main playground. Different pick-up arrangements will apply to morning Nursery children and to Reception children during their settling in period - if you are unsure of these, please contact your child’s teacher or the school office.
For children in Reception to Year 6, the school offers both Breakfast Club (from 7.30am) at £5 per session and Play Club (from end of the school to 5.45pm) at £11 per session. Please visit the relevant pages on the school website or contact the school office for more information.
Meridian Primary School
Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9NY Tel: 020 8858 3572
with Designated Special Provision for Deaf Children
School Day - drop off and pick up arrangements